Friday, February 22, 2013

Possible New gear Item...

I'm currently thinking about adding this nifty little device to my list of gear, in spite of the $100+ price tag...
It is basically a GPS tracker that I can add 10 people to in order for them to be able to track me as I hike, as well as to send pre-set "I'm doing ok" messages.  In addition, it has an "SOS" button that uses the satellites to call emergency medical personnel to wherever I am.  If I were walking the Camino during the spring, summer, or fall, I wouldn't hesitate to go without something like this, but there will be a lot less traffic on the Camino in winter, so I think I need to plan accordingly.  I think it will make my mom less worried about me, just as it will allow family and friends to be able to see where I am as I travel.

What do you think?  Will this be a worthwhile piece of gear to add to my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment