Friday, January 4, 2013

Where to Begin?

Well, there are tons of blogs out there about their trip along the Way of St. James, or the Camino de Santiago de Compostela, in Spain, so I guess that, in many ways, this blog is superfluous.  However, I have several friends that say that they want to read about my experiences.  I'm not planning on leaving for my pilgrimage until next December, but feel like this year of preparation is actually part of the Pilgrimage process. I plan to chronicle my journey, both spiritually and physically here, so that my friends and family can join this journey with me.  While on pilgrimage, I plan to blog whenever I can find internet access, so there will be pictures and narrative as I walk.  In the meantime, I will talk about all of the planning I do, as well as any and all spiritual insights as the Lord gives them to me.

So, a little bit about myself.  I am thirty-something and a Catholic convert....This Easter will mark my second anniversary of being received into the Church.  I am divorced after almost 11 years of a marriage that I knew was a mistake within 6 weeks after the wedding.  I have not yet started the Annulment process, but hope to turn in my paperwork sometime later this month or early next month.  I have a dog and a cat, although my roommate also has a cat and a rat.

I am contemplating the possibility of entering religious life.  Since I am on the downhill side of 35, that means that I have fewer options than some, but know that, if this is what God wants of me, He will open the doors He wants opened.  I have contacted a few orders already, and have begun conversations with 3 or 4.  I am also scheduled to go to a come and see weekend in mid April.  Since this is also part of my personal pilgrimage, I will talk about things as they develop.  What I really hope for is to be able to know if and what order I will enter by the end of my Pilgrimage this year.  Jesus said, "Ask and it will be given unto you, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened unto you." (Matthew 7:7)  So, I plan for this year to be my year of asking, seeking and knocking.  Will you join me on the pilgrimage?

Blessings,

Ruth



No comments:

Post a Comment